Saturday, May 22, 2010

How can I divert e-mails from a different account to my Yahoo e-mail ?? so I need only check the one account?

I asked this question a while ago Thanks to those who answered, I have followed the advise, but i get the message that wannado has a firewall stopping me is there a way around this?

How can I divert e-mails from a different account to my Yahoo e-mail ?? so I need only check the one account?
You can forward mails from one email accounr to the other if the email provider gives you that functionality. I use Gmail and yahoo. I generally forward my mails from Gmail to the yahoo! account.





The email forwarding can be configured in the settings ooptions of Gmail (or other mail services if its available). When you go to the settings in a Gmail email account you will see a "Forwarding" tab. Go to that tab and you will find a text box thats seeks the email account to which you want to forward your all emails from the Gmail account (in your case put the yahoo! account name as you want to forward mails to your yahoo! account). There is one more option in the same tab. You can check box the option for keeping a copy of the emails being forwarded from Gmail to other account in the Gmail inbox.





I see that most of the email service provider gives you this facility. So you can access the utility by simply going in the settings sections of your particular email account.





Good Luck!








As you said the firewall is preventing you from doing this, I presume you are using the Outlook Express or any other POP mail client. But the advise I gave you was for the web based email services. You have to make changes in your other web based email accounts and in this firewall has got nothing to do. Well, now you can even access your yahoo! account either by the POP client or the web based interface of the Yahoo!





Alternatively, you can include the exceptions in the Firewall settings. Which Firewall are you using? Is it the WindowsXP default?
Reply:If your other email programs include the "forward" function as many do, all you have to do is place your yahoo email address in the other mail program's forward feature...and all mail will be forwarded to your yahoo account.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

e-mail Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting